[Samba] Samba 4.1 & NAS & openSuse13.1 - wrong disc volume

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Nov 21 07:48:30 MST 2013

On Thu, 2013-11-21 at 06:09 -0800, Linda W wrote:
> On 20/11/2013 22:44, Martin . wrote:

> Isn't the NAS running it's own OS?

Out of the box, yes. But you can put whatever you like on it. e.g.
Debian:
http://jamie.lentin.co.uk/devices/dlink-dns325/

If e.g. you wanted to use the NAS as a DC, this is what you'd have to
do.

>   Or are you saying you put opensuse
> 13.1 on the NAS?  It sounds like you put 13.1 and samba 4.1 on your laptop
> and are trying to access a 3T drive on your NAS which is running its own
> OS and maybe some version of samba.  If that's the case, the problem
> would seem to be in the Software that is running on the NAS -- not
> your laptop.  Are you sure the NAS can handle 3T drives?  Some older
> NAS software might have problems with such a large hard disk.
>
> You might see if there's a SW update for your NAS?

I understand that OP has an out of the box d-link with openSUSE on the
laptop as you state.

But I'm not certain.
Steve