[Samba] Losing Permissions of Files

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Tue Jun 11 14:23:49 MDT 2013

Hello Tanveer,

Am 11.06.2013 21:41, schrieb Tanveer Virani:
> I have a OpenSuse 12.2 system running Samba 4.0.6 (compiled from source).
> Every once in a while, we run into an issue where all permissions on a file
> are lost. I've checked the ACLs, and they seem fine. The only way to get
> permissions back is to copy the file to a new name, remove the old file,
> and rename the file back to the original name.
>
> Can anyone help solve this issue?

- What exactly do you mean by "all permissions on a file are lost"?

- Can you show the 'getfacl' output on such a file, before and after?

- If permissions getting lost, did someone edit the file?

- Does it happen only on a special kind of files?

- etc.

Please give some more information on the issue.

Regards,
Marc