[Samba] Losing Permissions of Files

Tanveer Virani tanveer.virani at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 13:41:58 MDT 2013

Hi,

I have a OpenSuse 12.2 system running Samba 4.0.6 (compiled from source).
Every once in a while, we run into an issue where all permissions on a file
are lost. I've checked the ACLs, and they seem fine. The only way to get
permissions back is to copy the file to a new name, remove the old file,
and rename the file back to the original name.

Can anyone help solve this issue?

My smb.conf follows:
# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = XXXXX
        realm = XXXXX
        netbios name = XXXXX
        dns forwarder = 555.555.555.555
        dns forwarder = 555.555.555.666

[netlogon]
        path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/XXXXX/scripts
        read only = No
        browseable = No

[sysvol]
        read only = No