[Samba] Samba 4 DNS zone for Live site

"David González Herrera - [DGHVoIP]" info at dghvoip.com
Sun Jun 2 14:13:23 MDT 2013

Hi List,

I've been playing around with Samba for a few years time now but time's
come to make it into a production environment and I'm using it for some
services on my network as I said on earlier posts.

I'd like to ask maybe this might sound dumb question or has been
answered before so excuse me beforehand.

I own domain example.net and I want Samba to handle DNS for it,
obviously I know samba can handle that because be it with internal DNS
server or BIND (my case) but I would like to know your advise on the
following.

Is it a good idea to make Samba+BIND primary DNS server for my
example.net domain or am I better off doing it as the wiki says
samdom.example.net for Samba AD domain.

I don't really have a clear picture and how to put additional (manual)
DNS records on the zone like A records or MX etc. when the zone is BINZ_DLZ;

Thanks for your insight on this.

---
Cheers
David