[Samba] Logon scripts, home directories, and Samba4 AD

Lee Allen lee at leecallen.com
Wed Jul 3 06:56:04 MDT 2013

Thank you, that works great, and it eliminates the need to create logon
scripts for each user.  That's a big improvement.

ADUC complains it cannot create the folder.  Not surprising, because the
specified folder \\samba3\username does not really exist -- it's a [homes]
share, the true pathname is \\samba3\nas\homes\username.

So I still need to create the directory in the samba3 system, and set
permissions appropriately.

Is there a way around this?  The only solution I can see is to write a
script that will create the necessary directories when a user is created.
 But that wouldn't be simple, because it's on a different server -- the
user is created on the samba4 ADC and the shares are on the samba3
fileserver.