[Samba] Logon scripts, home directories, and Samba4 AD

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Wed Jul 3 07:33:13 MDT 2013

So you authenticate against the samba4 ads with your samba3 is this true?
Then you can do a root preexec and run a script on your samba3 server every
time
the users connect to [homes].
Ex:

[homes]
root preexec = /path-to-script/./user-home-dir %U

Your script user-home-dir (where $1 is the login of the user):

#!/bin/bash
#if exist directory
if test -d /path-to/your-users-home-dirs/$1
then
#put Directory is already there in a log file
echo "$1 Directory already up and running" >>/system/log/eanm.log
else

mkdir  /path-to/your-users-home-dirs/$1
chmod -R 700  /path-to/your-users-home-dirs/$1
chown -R $1:"Domain Users" / path-to/your-users-home-dirs/$1
echo "/path-to/your-users-home-dirs/$1 created" >>/system/log/anm.log
fi

Greetings
Daniel
EDV Daniel Müller