[Samba] samba at lists.samba.org

Michael Lustfield lists at profarius.com
Mon Dec 23 19:36:07 MST 2013

I have a deployment of Windows 7 desktops and a Samba 4 file server running
on
Debian 7. The Windows clients have AD policies that tell the desktop to do
Folder Redirection to the Samba server. This seems to work great except for
occasional hangs. When the hang happens, some applications on Windows 7
desktops will just stop responding for 5-15 seconds. Nothing breaks and no
errors happen, but the hang is very noticeable to the people that experience
it. I have the samba server at log level 3 and nothing shows up in the logs
before, during, or after the hang. It seems to happen 10-20 times per day.
There's nothing in the Windows logs either. I've tried making sure no MS
Office
application is running and tried making sure no anti-virus application is
running.

I'm completely out of ideas when it comes to trying to track down this
issue.
Any tips would be appreciated.

--
Michael Lustfield