[Samba] samba Digest, Vol 132, Issue 25

Tushar Dalvi tushar.dalvi.samba at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 13:30:39 MST 2013

I think the 6month period comes from the "tombstoneLifetime" attribute
present under this DN. The default is 180 days.
dn: CN=Directory Service,CN=Windows NT,CN=Services,CN=Configuration, BASEDN

Can this value be reduced and wait for samba to purge the old deleted
objects?
Modifying this value has other implications as per AD docs but I wonder if
it can be changed for a simple directory setup.

-Tushar