[Samba] objectClass:posixAccount missing

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 30 11:00:23 MDT 2013

On 30/08/13 17:26, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Al 30/08/13 17:05, En/na Rowland Penny ha escrit:
>
>> Correct, though I do not understand why you are using the full path to
>> samba-tool
> Because it's not in PATH
Then you need to alter your PATH environmental variable, I do this on
Ubuntu:

echo "PATH=/usr/local/samba/bin:/usr/local/samba/sbin:\$PATH" >
/etc/profile.d/samba4.sh
export PATH=/usr/local/samba/bin:/usr/local/samba/sbin:$PATH

>> Where did you get samba4 from, did you compile it yourself?
> Yes
>
>> what
>> version?
> 4.0.8 (4.0.9 wasn't yet available when I started the experiment)
>
>> what OS are you using, if you did compile it yourself, what
>> packages did you install before compiling.
> I'm using linux, mageia 3, I installed every -devel package providing
> the .h files I saw in ./configure output (minus libldb since the
> packaged one is not compatible with samba 4 and would produce a non
> working samba)

Then the package names needed to compile samba are probably the same as
RHEL:

gcc libacl-devel libblkid-devel gnutls-devel \
    readline-devel python-devel gdb pkgconfig krb5-workstation \
    zlib-devel setroubleshoot-server libaio-devel \
    setroubleshoot-plugins policycoreutils-python \
    libsemanage-python setools-libs-python setools-libs \
    popt-devel libpcap-devel sqlite-devel libidn-devel \
    libxml2-devel libacl-devel libsepol-devel libattr-devel \
    keyutils-libs-devel cyrus-sasl-devel cups-devel bind-utils

The above was taken from:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_4/OS_Requirements#Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_or_CentOS

Check that you have all the above installed and if not, install what
ever is missing and recompile samba 4
Also, it may help if you try another OS, no disrespect, but Mageia is
not really what I would call a server distro and is probably not used by
many people to run samba 4 on, so you will struggle to get precise help
here (ducks as thousands of people reply saying I use Mageia ;-) )

Rowland