[Samba] objectClass:posixAccount missing

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Fri Aug 30 10:26:16 MDT 2013

Al 30/08/13 17:05, En/na Rowland Penny ha escrit:

> Correct, though I do not understand why you are using the full path to
> samba-tool

Because it's not in PATH

> Where did you get samba4 from, did you compile it yourself?

Yes

> what
> version?

4.0.8 (4.0.9 wasn't yet available when I started the experiment)

> what OS are you using, if you did compile it yourself, what
> packages did you install before compiling.

I'm using linux, mageia 3, I installed every -devel package providing
the .h files I saw in ./configure output (minus libldb since the
packaged one is not compatible with samba 4 and would produce a non
working samba)

> You could try stopping sssd and then remove the sssd databases: rm -f
> /var/lib/sss/db/* (this is on Ubuntu)

Already done

> All I do is:
> Export keytab: samba-tool domain exportkeytab /etc/krb5.keytab -U
> Administrator

Done

> Install sssd sssd-tools via package manager

Done (well, I actually I didn't install sssd-tools, but I did now and it
changed nothing).

> alter /etc/sssd/sssd.conf as per the one I supplied
> remove the sssd databases
> start sssd

Done

Maybe one of the post-install script in one of the ubuntu packages
performs automatically one of the missing steps?

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Wetron Automation Technology http://www.wetron.es