[Samba] Samba 4 file-server usage

Stéphane PURNELLE stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Fri Aug 30 03:25:08 MDT 2013

Hi,

I test samba 4 for AD authentification and file-server usage.

My file-server use posix ACL (XFS filesystem) for manage acces between
user.

So I must use some trick ("steve posix-tify script") for adding
posixAccount to activedirectory tree.

But my questions are :

who use samba 4 file-server part ?
How other sys admin permit user to store data on a server (and not on
user's workstation)?

I have more than 300 groups, more than 200 users and machines.
I have more than 800 Gb of data.

Create user or group in ADUC and after pass a "posix-tify" script) script
will add complexity for management.

best regards

   Stéphane

PS : I see in smb.conf (valid for samba 4) that there is a add user
script, but I don't understand how it work !