[Samba] Samba 4 file-server usage

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Fri Aug 30 03:57:18 MDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-08-30 at 11:25 +0200, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I test samba 4 for AD authentification and file-server usage.
>
> My file-server use posix ACL (XFS filesystem) for manage acces between
> user.
>
> So I must use some trick ("steve posix-tify script") for adding
> posixAccount to activedirectory tree.

You do not need to add posixAccount. For recent versions of Samba4:

samba-tool user add stephane --uid-number=3000022 gid-number=20513
home-directory=/some/place lofin-shell=/bin/sh

You only need the hack for old versions of Samba.

We use a Samba 4.0.9 file server for a mix of about 80 xp and LXDE
clients over cifs. It server profiles, home folders and loads of other
rubbish.
HTH
Steve