[Samba] Sysvol replication problem

Antun Horvat antun.horvat at radio101.hr
Thu Aug 29 07:33:12 MDT 2013

Hello fellow Samba users,

I have a question that is related to sysvol replication. I have for now
two Samba DC's that are functioning as DNS and Active Directory roles in
my network.

As samba for now does not support sysvol replication, I am replicating
sysvol shares via rsync with -XAavz attributes as suggested in samba wiki.

The issue is that getfacl on these two servers return different user ids
and when I replicate these folders
with rsync, the secondary DC is using wrong IDs, and at the end, I can't
access sysvol folder on second dc (via share).

On FSMO master "getfacl radio101.local"  returns:
# file: radio101.local
# owner: root
# group: 3000000
# flags: -s-
user::rwx
user:root:rwx
group::rwx
group:3000000:rwx
group:3000009:r-x
group:3000033:r-x
group:3000034:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:user:root:rwx
default:group::---
default:group:3000000:rwx
default:group:3000009:r-x
default:group:3000033:r-x
default:group:3000034:rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---

while on secondary we have (after "ntacl sysvolreset"):
# file: radio101.local/
# owner: root
# group: 3000000
# flags: -s-