[Samba] Issues logging with trusted domain users

Diego Lima lists at diegolima.org
Thu Aug 29 10:42:26 MDT 2013

Hello,

We have a situation where we have a samba 3 controller as PDC for the
domain "dom.com" and has a two-way trust relationship with a W2k8
controller for the domain "domain.local".

We can log in on Windows workstations if we use the domain "domain.local"
but login fails if we just try to use "domain". On the Windows machines,
however, login works if we just use DOMAIN\user (instead of
DOMAIN.LOCAL\user).

Is there something that needs to be done on Samba's side for this mapping
to work?

--
Diego Lima
http://www.diegolima.org