[Samba] How to Force Domain Clients to use new PDC

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 09:59:00 MST 2012

Are all DC's truly in the same domain? ("net getdomainsid" command
should show the same domain sid on all DC's.)    Were the new servers
joined to the existing domain when setting up or did you just configure
the same domain name.

What exactly are you using the NT4 server manager tool for?

Presumably all samba DC's and clients are pointing to the same WINS
server.    Windows machines by default will prefer to authenticate
against a BDC.   You can try to change this by increasing the "announce
version" and "os level" parameters in the smb.conf file.    The only way
to really force it is to NOT use wins and configure the client to use an
lmhosts file to find the DC.