[Samba] samber server in openvz container - venet oder veth0?

Johannes Truschnigg johannes at truschnigg.info
Tue Aug 7 11:44:23 MDT 2012

Hello again,

On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 02:28:24PM +0200, Birgit Berger (UV Wien) wrote:
> thank you Johannes. no, I don't really need WINS but it was the only way I
> could join clients to the domain so far. so I activated it. DNS should be
> available and working too.
>
> /etc/nsswitch.conf looks like this:
> hosts: files dns

That's fine - you don't want anything reagrding winbind or WINS in there,
since you don't have proper name resolution set up over that kind of
protocol/service.

> Can I use venet with samba or should I change to veth?

Just stick with what you got - vnet will be fine.

Have a nice day!

--
with best regards:
- Johannes Truschnigg ( johannes at truschnigg.info )

www:   http://johannes.truschnigg.info/
phone: +43 650 2 133337
xmpp:  johannes at truschnigg.info

Please do not bother me with HTML-email or attachments. Thank you.