[Samba] Best way to add samba4 to existing domain

Caleb O'Connell caleb at privacyassociation.org
Tue Aug 7 09:16:53 MDT 2012

I followed this link
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC
which was very helpful.  I was leaving a few things out that might be
helpful to others.

My steps were:

-build Samba4 but don't provision.

-I added the fully qualified domain names of all the other server to the
machine I looking to have join the domain.  This allowed kinit to work.

-run command:
samba-tool domain join <domain> DC -Uadministrator --realm-<realm name>

This worked like a charm.  Much easier that I was making in my head.