[Samba] Best way to add samba4 to existing domain

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Wed Aug 8 00:02:31 MDT 2012

First both  Samba4 dcs must know each other by dns. Do not provision the
second samba4 as you want it to be in replication mode. Do not start samba
on your new DC!!
Then on your new DC: bin/net vampire your.realm. -Uadministrator
--realm=your.realm
If this is successful. Start samba on your new DC.
Go on your 1st DC you setup.
Now type:   bin/ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb
objectclass=ntdsdsa objectguid --cross-ncs
EX result:

# record 1
dn: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=NODE1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configur
ation,DC=tuebingen,DC=tst,DC=loc
objectGUID: 365d2a9f-bfe6-462d-965e-8622bfefc190

# record 2
dn: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=NODE2,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configur
ation,DC=tuebingen,DC=tst,DC=loc
objectGUID: d6160c39-0810-4026-aa24-91c91797d892

Do not forget to update your dns settings after all.

Good Luck
Daniel

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV