[Samba] How to alter domain name in Windows logon cache

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 11:32:17 MDT 2011

XP or Win 7?

Can they login specifying the SERVER name in the from field?  Or may
login as "SERVER\username."

I had something a little weird with Win 7 clients where they
occasionally had problems logging in offline with domain credentials.
(This happended if they did hibernate instead of a shutdown before
disconnecting from the LAN.)     They would be able to login specifying
the server name instead of the domain name.   I belive the SID for all
the DC's is the same anyway.

I had 3 domain controllers at the time  - Alpha, Gamma , Zeta.    the
domain name was Beta.  Those aren't actually the names BUT the
alphabetical order was the same.  An offline Win 7 user if unable to
login as BETA\username might be able to login as ALPHA\username.