[Samba] How to alter domain name in Windows logon cache

Marc Rechté marc3 at rechte.fr
Wed Oct 19 10:59:00 MDT 2011

Hello,

I am faced with the exact same problem described here:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2008-October/144077.html

Viz my server is out of order and nobody (except one lucky user) can
open his session from the Windows cache.

I am quite sure that the problem resides in the domain name being wrong
within the account (the server BIOS name instead of the domain name).

The server is down (hardware fault) and therefore pdebedit -I <domain>
<user> is not accessible.

Is there a way to hack the Windows cache (registry ?) to alter that
field in order to allow the user to open its session and recover his /
her "My documents" ?

Many thanks