[Samba] Samba 4 home folder

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Wed Nov 30 00:17:58 MST 2011

In Samba4 this is quiet different then in samba 3. Use the Microsoft ads tool to administrate

Step 3: Configure home shares of the users.
This was the greatest try and error. Since samba3 this changed. And it is not the same in samba4!!!
A simple:

[homes]
       path= /home
       read only=no

This is all.
All other ACLS is setting from the tool Active Directory Users and Groups
within windows.
Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers.
In the Details pane, right-click the applicable user account, and then click Properties.
In the Properties dialog box, click the Profile tab.
Under Home folder, type the directory information: In my case 
\\your.domain\homes and the tool will make  the users directory, settings
 the correct rights.

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus