[Samba] Samba 4 home folder

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 23:58:23 MST 2011

On 30 November 2011 02:33, steve <steve at steve-ss.com> wrote:
> Hi
> What is the equivalent of a users /home folder on Samba 4? What is the
> equivalent of the Samba 3 [homes] share? Where are user files stored?

It's currently best to use smbd for file and printer sharing (except
for netlogon and sysvol shares as far as I know).  The best way to do
this at the moment is probably to have a Samba 3 member server serving
[homes].

I only use Samba for authentication, so I haven't tried the different
file serving options with Samba 4.

This is another thing being discussed on the samba-technical list wrt.
releasing Samba 4.0.0.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>