[Samba] [Bulk] parent folder rX -> child file in it rwx => child file from windows read only????

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Tue Nov 1 11:58:22 MDT 2011

There are two ways to influence newly created directory and file
permissions.  The default is to use the mask/mode options.  You can see
your current settings with
     testparm -sv | grep mask ( also grep for "mode" and "force").

Or you can use the different "inherit" options instead.
     testparm -sv | grep inherit

Whichever way you choose, learn what these options do, and you should be
able to set a combination that works for you.

Dale