[Samba] [Bulk] parent folder rX -> child file in it rwx => child file from windows read only????

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 1 08:42:12 MDT 2011

apologies for being vague,
to me it seems that everything depends on what's parent
looks like, and goals are:

have a file within a 750 folder that would be 770, meaning a
client can write to the file

have samba/win clients acknowledge folder of 750 within a
folder of 770, meaning that if a winuser creates a
folder(750) within a folder(770) samba respects it and other
user should have no write permission to this newly created
user's folder
at this moment my samba lets users delete a folder with
group (to which both users belong) permissions equals to rX,
I'd have to make a folder 700 in order to protect it from
deletion by non-owners
and the smb.conf is pretty basic
what am I missing???