[Samba] Unreliable connection to Samba PDC - Connections get lost, Roaming Profiles do not sync, Files can't be written, etc..

Marco Ciampa ciampix at libero.it
Wed Mar 30 14:43:37 MDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 11:21:13PM +0300, Tom H. Lautenbacher wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I am having severe problems with my Samba PDC.
>
> 1. My Roaming profile in 3 out of 10 times does not get synchronized
>
> 2. When I edit a document (e.g. word .docx) which is located on a
>
> 3. Sometimes the connection to the PDC get's lost in the middle of a
>
> What I have tried:
> 1. Changed TP-Cable between client and server
> 2. Changed Network Switch between client and server (and switched
> from 100MBit to Gigabit)
> 3. Upgraded Samba to the (then) newest version, which was 1 year
> newer than the previous one
> 4. Re-added the client to the domain

and....? What is missing here?????

5. change (probably broken) network adapter and/or motherboard (interrupt or DMA controllers else

run iperf or nuttcp

apt-get install iperf

or

apt-get install nuttcp

6. an don't forget to try memtest86+ on both sides...

> Nothing helped... ;-(
>
> What is going on here?
> The client that connects to the PDC is Windows 7, 64bit
>
> ANY ideas, hints, approaches are HIGHLY APPRECIATED!!

done :-)

If problem found, remember to post here in anycase!

--

Marco Ciampa