[Samba] Different permissions displayed in "security" tab and"advanced" tab

Linda W samba at tlinx.org
Thu Jun 23 23:03:03 MDT 2011

Dale Schroeder wrote:
> David,
>
> Samba does not have the ability to change the permissions of directories
> on the security tab, and many times they will not be displayed either.
> As you have already discovered, permissions on directories are changed
> in Advanced.  The permissions of files can be manipulated on the
> security tab.
----
	I just tried this --

	I was able to add a Domain group, and give it 'full permissions'
on the ACL and save it.

	'RIGHTS' / priviledges work as well...(just tried it)

my user has the 'SETakeOwnershipPrivilege' in the Domain.

Among other things, this allowed me to change a directory that
was owned by root w/permis = rwxr-xr-x, to being owned by me.

As for diffs on Security and Advanced tab -- see MS.
(It's a feature...they don't show the exact same info...but close)...