[Samba] Different permissions displayed in "security" tab and"advanced" tab

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Wed Jun 22 11:13:53 MDT 2011

David,

Samba does not have the ability to change the permissions of directories
on the security tab, and many times they will not be displayed either.
As you have already discovered, permissions on directories are changed
in Advanced.  The permissions of files can be manipulated on the
security tab.

Dale