[Samba] Samba 3.3.15 Ignoring "Logon Path" and "Logon Home" to Disable Roaming Profiles

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Mon Jun 20 11:29:15 MDT 2011

From: Charles Kozler <charles at fixflyer.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 12:17:51 -0400

> I would like to disable the roaming profiles capability but it appears
> that no matter what I said, it is being ignored by Samba.
>
> First is my relevant snippet for the Logon Path and Logon Home being
> empty as described in the documentation.  Then, following that, is my
> entire smb.conf -- please let me know if you see any reason as to why
> Samba would be ignoring the parameters and still attempting a roaming
> profile logon.

You have to remove these settings from users already created when you
changed "logon hone" and "logon path" parameters to empty one.

You can see current configuration of a user:
  pdbedit -v a-user

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at samba.gr.jp> / @damemonyo
  http://damedame.monyo.com/ / http://facebook.com/monyot