[Samba] Samba 3.3.15 Ignoring "Logon Path" and "Logon Home" to Disable Roaming Profiles

Charles Kozler charles at fixflyer.com
Fri Jun 17 10:17:51 MDT 2011

Hi All,

I have recently successfully configured Samba 3.3.15 and OpenLDAP as my
offices PDC.

I would like to disable the roaming profiles capability but it appears
that no matter what I said, it is being ignored by Samba.

First is my relevant snippet for the Logon Path and Logon Home being
empty as described in the documentation.  Then, following that, is my
entire smb.conf -- please let me know if you see any reason as to why
Samba would be ignoring the parameters and still attempting a roaming
profile logon.

I would like to edit this through Samba rather than making per-PC
configuration changes as described in the other two points in the
documentation.

Thank you

[12:39:25][root at dc:/var/lib/samba/profiles]$ smbd -V
Version 3.3.15

[12:23:55][root at dc:/var/lib/samba/profiles]$ grep -i logon
/etc/samba/smb.conf
logon path =
#logon drive = H:
logon home =
#logon script = %U.bat
#logon script = logon.bat
domain logons = Yes
[netlogon]
comment = Network Logon Service
path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon

*
/etc/samba/smb.conf*

# --------- smb.conf start ---------
[global]
workgroup = FIXFLYER
netbios name = FIXFLYER
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://127.0.0.1
printcap name = cups
printing = cups
security = user
log level = 3

ldap ssl = off
ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,dc=dc,dc=fixflyer,dc=com
ldap suffix = dc=dc,dc=fixflyer,dc=com
ldap user suffix = ou=People
ldap group suffix = ou=Group
ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
ldap machine suffix = ou=Hosts

ldap delete dn = Yes
add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"
add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p "%g"
add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m "%u" "%g"
delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x "%u" "%g"
set primary group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g "%g" "%u"
delete user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-userdel "%u"
delete group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupdel "%g"

logon path =
#logon drive = H:
logon home =
#logon script = %U.bat
#logon script = logon.bat

domain logons = Yes
os level = 35
preferred master = Yes
domain master = Yes

idmap uid = 15000-20000
idmap gid = 15000-20000

passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd '%u'
unix password sync = yes
passwd chat = "*New UNIX password*" %n\n "*Retype new UNIX password*"
%n\n "*updated successfully*"
enable privileges = yes
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
wins support = Yes

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
valid users = %S
read only = No
browseable = No

[netlogon]
comment = Network Logon Service
path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon
admin users = root
guest ok = Yes
browseable = No
admin users = Administrator
valid users = %U

[Profiles]
comment = Roaming Profile Share
path = /var/lib/samba/profiles
read only = No
profile acls = Yes
create mask = 0600
directory mask = 0700
# --------- smb.conf end ---------

*ATTENTION*: Please note my new cell phone number
Regards,

Chuck Kozler
Infrastructure & Systems Administrator
---
Office: 1-646-290-6267
Mobile: 1-646-385-3684
FIX Flyer

Notice to Recipient: This e-mail is meant only for the intended
recipient(s)
of the transmission, and contains confidential information which is
proprietary
to FIX Flyer LLC. Any unauthorized use, copying, distribution, or
dissemination is
strictly prohibited. All rights to this information is reserved by FIX
Flyer LLC. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
e-mail and please
delete this e-mail from your system and destroy any copies.