[Samba] On Samba4

titantoppler at gmail.com titantoppler at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 08:56:35 MDT 2011

Hi,

I'd be most happy to answer any questions you may have, though fair warning:
my version of Samba is kind of outdated (alpha 12), so what worked for me
might not work for you.

I'm not too familiar with offloading the DNS service to another computer; as
you may have surmised, my setup has the DNS on the Samba server. I think the
main thing about having a DNS server is getting it to accept updates from
clients (dynamic DNS updates for browsing).

I believe I am running a pure S4 setup; I recall that the S3+S4 thing
confused me mightily at the beginning. I'd have to check to make sure
though; how can I do this?