[Samba] MS Access

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 07:12:43 MST 2011

PS

I should clarify that I have not especially noticed problems with MS
Access 2003/2007 on Samba but we don't use it heavily.

I WOULD expect that you will need to spend a little time tweeking file
permissions.  I use Samba 3.4.x and 3.0.x with Solaris 10 and ZFS file
system.  ZFS supports file system permisions  which are similar to
Windows but not quite the same-  so file permissions don't always
translate cleanly between windows/samba clients and the underlying unix
file system.  (I think the deal is that one uses posix standards and one
uses nfsv4 standards.)

Linux ext3/ext4 may be more consistent with windows.