[Samba] Yet another question about account locking

Kevin Taylor groucho.64738 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 17 07:41:33 MST 2011

Let me try asking something different.

The field 'sambaKickoffTime' in LDAP (if set to a correct time) will prevent a user from logging into a windows system. The time format for 'pwdaccountlockedtime' is acceptable for the sambaKickoffTime field as well.

If I modify the samba source,    source3/lib/smbldap.c and change the 'sambaKickoffTime' items to 'pwdaccountlockedtime' and rebuild, everything works the way I would like....so samba is now looking at the same field in the LDAP server that the linux side is. yay.

However....does anyone know of a way to accomplish the same thing without a code recompile? Can /etc/ldap.conf nss_map_attributes work for the same thing? (I didn't get this to work, but I may not have done it right)...or is there an obscure setting in the schema that I can use to have samba look at the other attribute?

Thanks.