[Samba] Automounting DFS path published shares under RHEL 5 with Samba?

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Wed Jan 12 00:37:14 MST 2011

I am not exactly can see what you want to do.
But with samba you have to make  a dfsroot and ln -s msdfs
That’s all.
Ex.: In your [global] host msdfs=yes
Then make a directory
[dfsdir]
Path=/some/where
Msdfs root=yes

/some/where ln -s msdfs:server\\share name
Or high available, /some/where ln -s msdfs:server1\\share1,server2 \\share2
name

Or you use dfs poxy in your smb.conf. You just make a virt. share that is
linked to another servers share
[thevirtshare]
Msdfs root=yes
Msdfs proxy =\anotherserver\hisshare

If you now map the share you are redirected

Good Luck
Daniel

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV