[Samba] Automounting DFS path published shares under RHEL 5 with Samba?

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 19:44:16 MST 2011

I'm dealing with a Linux environment with extensive automounting, that
also has DFS configurations for the Windows clients of various CIFS
systems. I've got CIFS automounting working for various CIFS servers,
which definitely has its uses, but I'd *love* to be able to mount the
DIFS published paths for the CIFS shares?

Basically, if I have  shares called \\example1\share1 and
\\example2\share2, and DFS publishes them as \\domain\share, I'd like
to be able to mount /mnt/cifs/domain/share and have it resemble the
DFS layout, without having to go back and personally figure out what
the DFS shares actually resolve to.