[Samba] Read-only alert for MS Office files on samba share

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Fri Jan 7 10:43:24 MST 2011

THe point is that msoffice produces temp files while opening and writing.
There is a solution around this
in the mail listing years ago. I came over that problem by setting the
sticky bit for the group according the shares.
in your globals: nt acl support = no
in your shares: sometimes if you have set the sticky bit it should be
sufficient:
inherit permissions = yes
force group = yourgroup
or,

force create mode = 0660
force directory mode = 0770
force group = yourgroup

good luck
daniel

#On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 09:42:35 -0500, Gaiseric Vandal