[Samba] Read-only alert for MS Office files on samba share

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 07:42:35 MST 2011

Which version of Office?    Do you have full rights to the parent
directory?  Maybe it creates temp files in a different location?
When you double-click the file, was office already running?  I can't see
why it would matter.

ALl I can think is that when you double-click a document different
parameters are passed to the file system.   If I remember, in explorer
when you associate file types with an app, you can also associate what
the app should do with it.

Can you set office to always  create temp files on local drive rather
than by default in the same directory as the file?