[Samba] Browsing shares

Derek Lewis dlewis at mtu.edu
Wed Oct 13 01:52:56 MDT 2010

I have a question regarding firewall settings and share browsing.  I have
set-up my firewall to allow the usual ports for Samba to work and I would
like to control the connections used for providing Windows with share
browsing.

I currently have a range of ports opened to allow browsing as described in
the documentation, and Samba shares are browseable and accessable.  Can I
restrict/specify the port to a small range or single port?  Would this just
be a matter of a hosts allow (with ports) added to the $IPC share?