[Samba] Browsing shares

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 07:41:00 MDT 2010

I think the ports in question will be
     137-139 and 445

Or even 139 and 445 should be sufficient.     But I would make sure the
firewall rules only allow access on those ports for the samba server IP's.

Browsing over the internet seems a little unreliable.  Remote users may
want to know the name/ip of the samba machine and the specific shares.
Actually, I think accessing samba shares over the internet will have
poor performance-  I don't think "windows file sharing" was designed
with  "slow" Internet/WAN connections in mind.