[Samba] Need help compiling Samba on Solaris

Stroh, George strohg at nwfsc.edu
Tue Oct 5 08:46:11 MDT 2010

I got it to compile and run. I joined it to the domain and what the
wbinfo and net ads commands returned looked correct. I was not able to
map a drive to it. Computer management in windows says that nothing is
shared and when I browsed for the server it showed up under Other and
not the domain.

I was not aware that nsswitch might need to be compiled also. Is there
documentation that says for samba x.x.x you need openldap x.x.x or
Kerberos x.x.x? I haven't seen anything on samba.org or in the source
code. I the Solaris samba source code I found the configure options they
used.

On samba 3.0.37 we have the windows 2003 domain controller listed as the
password server in the smb.conf and as the kdc in the krb5.conf files.
The windows 2008 domain controller doesn't like samba. Set the "Network
Security: LAN Manager authentication level" to "LM and NTLM - use NTLMV2
session security if negotiated"
http://yonitg.com/solution-for-windows-7-samba-connection-problem

I need to build a newer version because the windows admin wants to
replace the windows 2003 dc with a windows 2008 dc.