[Samba] Need help compiling Samba on Solaris

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 16:01:50 MDT 2010

Sort of compiled?  Does that mean some options didn't compile?

I was able to compile samba 3.4.x. (as you point out, it requires
tinkering with the CPPFLAGS etc.)    The latest OpenLDAP from
sunfreeware should be fine (plus its dependencies, which are listed.)
Presumably you are using GCC from Sunfreeware?  The Solaris kerberos
should be fine.

nsswitch source is in a separate directory

.../samba-3.4.8/nsswitch not .../samba-3.4.8/source3

you may need to compile separately.

I see your other post.   3.0.37 generally worked for me except for
interdomain trusts.  I know it wouldn't work with Windows 7 but that
wasn't an issue for me at the time.

(Again, I repeat complain about Sun abandoning samba and not moving
before 3.0.x-  which is will be useless one you need to support Windows 7.)