[Samba] print jobs >4GB

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Mar 5 18:03:51 MST 2010

On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 10:04:07PM +0100, Oncaphillis wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I've stumbled over a problem with large print jobs coming from windows vista
> clients. Jobs above 4GB fail to be printed. The file in the spool
> directory grows to
> a size a little above 4GB and then printing is aborted. Transfer via
> smbclient -c print
> works fine and printing from the same windows client to a windows server
> also succeeds,
> so it seems both server and client basically can handle jobs above 4GB.
>
> Is this a known issue ?

No. Although you should try 3.4.6 to see if this changes
anything (64-bit print fixes are in there).

> Is there a fix ?

Can you get a log with the crient writing around the 4gb mark ?
I'd be interested to see what error messages the server is
generating when it fails.

Raise a bug in bugzilla.samba.org and add the traces
there.

Thanks,

Jeremy.