[Samba] print jobs >4GB

Oncaphillis oncaphillis at snafu.de
Fri Mar 5 14:04:07 MST 2010

Dear All,

I've stumbled over a problem with large print jobs coming from windows vista
clients. Jobs above 4GB fail to be printed. The file in the spool
directory grows to
a size a little above 4GB and then printing is aborted. Transfer via
smbclient -c print
works fine and printing from the same windows client to a windows server
also succeeds,
so it seems both server and client basically can handle jobs above 4GB.

Is this a known issue ?

Is there a fix ?

Could it be that a 64bit samba solves the problem ? Current server is
3.4.4 32 bit.

If not -- could someone point me to the source where one would start to
debug
the issue ? I'd be happy to hack on that problem.

Thank you very much.