[Samba] Long delays when launching programs for the first time in my Windows 7 Profile (Samba 3.4.3 as PDC)

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 14:32:38 MDT 2010

> But I think that the group of users using the following combination:
> "Samba 3.4.3 & Windows 7-64bit & Samba as a PDC & roaming profiles & using
> this mailing list & being able to report the problem"
> is very limited until today..

I am using roaming profiles with windows 7 64 and samba PDC / BDCs. I
am not using 3.4.3 however. Currently we are running 3.5.4. I did have
3.4.6 for a few weeks just after the upgrade from 3.0.37 to support
windows 7. I do not have the 40 minute initial logins. However it does
take me 5 minutes to login and logout on a 100% gigabit network every
single time not just the first time. At some point I will look into
folder redirection on top of the trimming of the profiles that I have
begun..

John