[Samba] smbclient queue command issue

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Jun 22 15:37:38 MDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 05:21:22PM -0400, Eric Rowell wrote:
> Jeremy,
>     WoW.  It worked just as expected;
>             rpcclient -c "enumjobs printer" -U user printserver
>
>    This worked great to get the list of the jobs on the print queue.
> (too bad the "net" command doesn't support this)

Ok, I should fix the smbclient and net binaries to use
this instead.. Internally it's the cli_print_queue()
function. Maybe I should add a cli_print_queue2()
to keep backwards compatibility with old servers
that only support RAP printing, and change smbclient
and net to use cli_print_queue2() by default, and
then fall back to cli_print_queue() if that fails...

>    Now if I could just get the delete/cancel job command I would be
> golden.  I didn't see a command equivalent on the list of options for
> the rpcclient command.  Since the option from "net" and smbclient
> don't work for the same reason.

Adding delete and cancel to rpcclient shouldn't
be too hard. We have all the infrastructure
for this. Probably will be in 3.6.0 and above though.

Jeremy.