[Samba] RECOVER FILE DAEMON SMBD SAMBA

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 06:31:21 MDT 2010

2010/6/16 Tiago Damasceno ::: TDA INFORMÁTICA
<tiago at tdaconsultoriadigital.com.br>:
> Hello!
>
> Accidentally deletes the file daemon, / usr / lib / samba / classic / smbd.
> Now I can not start Samba, Samba reinstalling again in the newer version I
> would lose my settings? It will overwrite existing files or just bring back
> the excluded?

If it is only the /usr/sbin/smbd file that was deleted, then it might
be easiest to do this:

Get the original RPM that you used to install Samba.
Use rpm2cpio and cpio to extract just the smbd file somewhere.
Move the smbd file to /usr/sbin.

But make sure you have good backups first in case you make a mistake.

I can't check the correct syntax now because I don't have access to an
RPM-based distribution at the moment.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>