[Samba] Samba 4 Orphaned DC

tms3 at tms3.com tms3 at tms3.com
Wed Jun 16 17:03:33 MDT 2010

SNIP

>> Is there a list of commands for cleaning up orphaned DC's.  I used
>> ntdsutil
>> on the Windows boxes no problem.  Used an LDAP gui tool to remove the
>> LDAP
>> entries.  Sadly Samba4 is still trying to contact the orphan.  Any
>> guidance
>> or manual page would be appreciated.
>
> I was just wondering the same thing earlier.  I used dsa.msc to delete
> a Samba4 DC that is no longer running.  It no longer shows up in
> dsa.msc, but another Samba4 DC is still trying to contact it.

Yes, my PDC is Samba4 so it's making things a bit wonky, and as I'm
having Kerberos issues (I'm fairly certain with the W2K8R2 server) I'd
like to get rid of the orphaned DC so I can concentrate on the
Kerberos problem, then move on to my XenApp Server.

> I still see references to it in private/sam.ldb.d/*, but I'm not sure
> what to remove.

I'm going to start parsing through that stuff in a bit.  If I find
anything useful I'll let you know.

Cheers,