[Samba] Problem with Windows XP: Cannot join Samba PDC

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 11:45:48 MDT 2010

For an "NT4/Samba" domain, DNS is not relevant.   The XP client will
locate the PDC via netbios.  WINS is not essential but definately helps.
   On the XP machine, type "ipconfig /all" and make sure that your XP
machine is configured for the WINS server.

Also, make sure  on your XP TCP/IP settings that you have NOT disabled
netbios-over-tcp/ip (NBT.)