[Samba] Can SAMBA work with 2008 R2 Read Only Domain controller

hagai yaffe hagaiy at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 00:13:23 MDT 2010

Hello,

I am sorry, I was not clear enough.
I am not planing to add the SAMBA server to the domain as a Domain Controller, I would like to add it to the domain as a domain member.

How ever, when I try to join the domain when pointing my SAMBA machine to a Microsoft Read Only domain Controller I fail with the error I have mentioned (when pointing to a normal Domain Controller this work, how ever in the planned implementation I might have access only to Microsoft RODC's for joining the domain).

Should this work?
Best Regards,
Hagai