[Samba] cant login with my samba password only with my linux password

Hartmut freemlist at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 25 09:32:44 MST 2010

Hello,

I have a strange problem with my samba server. When I try to connect
with my (Windows)client and samba ask for the password, it's only
accepting my linux-user password, not my samba-user password (set with
smbpasswd and as root with smbpasswd <user>).

And now the strange about it. When i change my sambapassword with
smbpasswd, and try to login from my client, then the samba-user password
is accepted. But after a reboot of my samba server, the server accepts
only the linux-user password. I have to (re)set the samba-user password
again with smbpasswd and only after that, I can login with the
samba-user password.

Is there something wrong with my smb.conf (see below)? Or what else
could be the problem?

-------------
smb.conf:
[global]