[Samba] cant login with my samba password only with my linux password

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 18:16:31 MST 2010

I can't see any way that, with your configuration, samba could be
using your linux password as a samba password.  You would have to be
using plain text passwords in windows have samba authenticate it
against your linux password.    Is it really using your "linux"
password, or at some point was your samba password the same as your
linux password?

Or did you configure pam or nsswitch.conf to have linux authenticate
against "windows" passwords?

Did you try running "testparm -v" in case there are some parameters
with unexpected defaults?

Did you try disabling "obey pam restrictions?"  Maybe that is
preventing the password change?